Friday, June 6, 2008

Schools Out For Summer

Yesterday was the much anticipated day for every junior high and high school kid: the last day of school. And for those still in junior high an even better bonus: Valley Fair. Unfortunately yesterday also happened to be a pretty big thunderstorm day. When I was in middle school I remember my end of the year Valley Fair trip was also rainy. Those flimsy ponchos just don't keep you dry. My sympathies went out to all those kids.

Last night was also my turn to speak. We had a dirt theme because I was teaching on Jesus healing the blind man with dirt and spit. As a way to introduce the whole dirt theme I shared about my childhood and how I was a dirt eater. (see picture to the left). Thankfully I have outgrown my appetite for dirt.

On a personal note, I leave for the MS150 bike ride. The forecast shows rain. I'm not a big fan of riding in the rain so it should be interesting. We'll see how well my rain jacket repels water.

No comments: